Here are 5 simple rules to follow:
1. Always keep the bottle lying horizontally, and never store it upright. The contact between the wine and its cork will help guarantee the quality of the wine.
2. Keep your wine in a place with a stable temperature which should not be too high or too low. Avoid hot areas or areas subject to flashes of heat, such as the kitchen, if you want don’t want to ruin your wine.
3. Different wines call for different heights! Keep your reds and rosé wines in low areas and your whites and sparkling wines higher up.
4. Avoid storing your wine in places with strong odors. Do not store your wine in the same place you store you dried sausages, cheeses, garlic or onions. These are some of the wine’s known rivals.
5. Steer clear of the cold. Once your open a bottle of chilled white wine, you shouldn’t leave it in the fridge for too long before finishing it off.
So, share with friends!